Below is some important information for this week’s event:
- Cabins: Grand View is late on cabin assignments. Our committee chair will be working with them this weekend to finalize everything. We will have those for you on Monday. Please be patient. We apologize for the inconvenience – trust us - we are anxious, too.
- Parking: Most of the group will be housed out of the East Side in Bay Colony, Gull Haven and Interlachen. This area is about 3 miles from the main lodge. You may park on the main campus and hop the circulator bus on Wednesday and Thursday if that is more convenient. Parking on the East Side is limited – so it may be useful to have one or two members of your group leave their cars on the main campus lots and drive back together to check out on Friday.
- Bus Circulator: A bus will be provided to circulate people around on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. A map showing the locations of pick-up and drop-off sites will be provided at registration and given to Taste Cabins. Essentially, wherever we have a group of cabins, we will have a site. The bus will run from 6:00 pm to 3:00 am on Wednesday and from 7:00 pm to 2:00 am on Thursday. Please take advantage of this service and do not drink and drive.
- Wednesday Fall Outing Golf Tourney: Golf will be held at Eagle’s Landing this year. A shuttle will be provided from Grand View that will take you to the golf event and bring you back to Grand View. For those registered for golf – look for an e-mail regarding bus times, leaving Grand View East Side at 10:30 am, returning from Eagle’s Landing at 6 pm, contact Amanda Litz for ride: email@example.com
- MSES Registration/Raffle hours:
-Wednesday at Eagle’s Landing Golf Course before Shotgun Start: 10 am-12 pm
-Wednesday at Grand View Main Lodge (you need to come here to get your cabin keys): 3 – 7pm
-Thursday on East Side, Cabin #706: 12 – 3 pm
Come get your name tag, “Taste of MSES” card, and purchase your raffle tickets while you have the chance (Some of you will need to pay registration, dues, golf, etc. NOTE – if you want to pay via credit card, it is easiest if you use the online links before you arrive, Fall Outing registration/dues/golf/sponsorship: http://www.mses.org/node/16/done )
- Taste Cabins: See resource on right column for Map/Menus, a pdf file. Or click on link: map/menus of the hosts participating in the Fourth Annual “Taste of MSES.
Participate in the contest – Visit every cabin, enjoy their food/beverages/comradery, receive their sticker (MSES is providing stickers to host cabins), submit your completed card at box at Registration by 3 pm Thursday (remember to sign your name!) for eligibility for three $100 cash prizes. The drawing will be held after the Big Event on Thursday, around 5:30 p.m. A very special thank you to our generous hosts – no one shall go hungry!
- Raffles/Drawing/Awards: Following the Big Event we will do the raffles/drawing/awards at 5:30 pm at Bay Colony Courtyard under the tent, near Cretex Cabin 775, beverages served. Then enjoy dinner, 6 p.m. at Cretex’s Steak and Wings, beverages and NFL Football.
Wednesday, September 16
- Fishing Contest (fish locally Tuesday-Thursday noon)
- Official golf tournament at Eagle’s Landing (11:00 lunch, 12 pm shotgun start)
- Taste of MSES at Grand View East Side-map/menus attached (7-10 pm)
Thursday, September 17
- 2nd Annual Run out the Rum Run on East Side (9 am)
- Gull Dam Brewery – beer, food truck and socializing (11:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Trapshoot at Lakeshore Conservation Club (12-4 pm)
- The “Big” Event featuring bocce ball, ladder golf, bean bag toss, beersbee on East Side (2-5:30 pm)
- Prizes, raffles, drawings (includes Golf Tourney prizes, new member sponsor contest raffle, “Taste of MSES” Raffle, THE Raffle, and door prize drawings (5:30 pm, in front of Cretex #775, Bay Colony Courtyard)
- Cretex, Cabin 775 – Steak & Wings/beverages/NFL football (6-???)
This event is successful not only because of your participation but also indebted to the generosity of our dedicated Sponsors, proudly listed below – THANK YOU!
Are you interested in becoming a Fall Outing Event Sponsor?
If your firm/organization is interested, please contact Ann for more info.
We offer four levels of participation:
Platinum at $600, Gold at $400, Silver at $200, Raffle at $100.
Click here for more information and/or contact Ann